Welcome to one of my many domains, this one is where I (bss) write about things.
- I wrote more on my favorite arcade stick, the BULLET SYSTEM STICK.
- Yet another stupid Angband death.
- Just a tiny update, but the site now has a "dungeon" theme, copied from my attempt at recreating the style of old D&D module texts on my tabletop site, orb.moe. I think it looks pretty cool even without the TTRPG context! Dark is still the default for now, but try it out, why don't you?
- I've been very active lately on the "fediverse" via my Pleroma instance, ill.moe. I think at some point I want to see if I can integrate my toots into the CMS in some fashion… or is that getting too high tech?
- Thith, my Angband character, has died, in a very immediate manner.
- I released incorporeal-cms 1.8.2 to tweak some styling stuff.
- I loved my time at Combo Breaker 2022.
- I released incorporeal-cms 1.8.1.
- I had problems finding A Tour of the Worm to show someone, so I cached it.
- Some major software updates! Things like my E.V.O. gushing now have fancy figures instead of just inline images, along with other style and functionality changes. I also decided it was a fine time to start publishing incorporeal-cms a bit more openly, so there's that!
- I'm building a new PC, and I figured I might as well write up a bit about it since I'm pretty excited for it!
- I wrote up my GOTY list of games!
- Happy New Year! Thith lives! I'll be putting together a GOTY list soon, I think.
- Proud of myself for this one, I have — however temporarily — reached inbox zero.
- Oh, maybe more interesting than the below, I've been making Extra Life plans!
- This happened a while ago, but my Angband character was killed by upgrades! I started a new one, who then immediately died. Oh, and I've been working on GPG stuff a bit recently, so if anyone still cares about GPG in 2021, let me know, and enjoy my public key.
- Hmm, updates since last time… I finished the Fiesta, did some capsule reviews, and the science of determining Objectively the Best Piece of Video Game Music continues. And I'm planning for Extra Life!
- I have a Brook UFB and was excited to receive the add-on board that adds PS5 support, so see my thoughts on the Brook UFB-UP5.
- Wrote up some thoughts on Late Shift.
- I didn't mention it at the time, but I finished a major round of dumping my SNES games, getting mostly everything rechecked and dumped via my Super Nt. The latest state of my SNES collection (.txt).
- older — old site ported to here, various styling exists, site launch.
I've written some things, from time to time, that kind of stand alone and don't quite fit in the site organization (or I just want to call them out).
- Website Simplicity, my thoughts on and justifications for the simplicity of this site
- The Search for Eden, on E.V.O., cart collecting, and memories
- Xenogears Light Audio Digest, a gushing review of the Xenogears Light doujin album
Here's some other stuff I've collected pages on.
- 13th Age
- Video games and the culture around them
- Rumbles deciding extremely important questions
- Arcade stick creations
- Tech stuff
- Anime figures
I also stream occasionally, if you want to check that out some time.
I can be reached primarly via email as bss @ <this domain> or via the fediverse as @firstname.lastname@example.org.
I prefer those contact methods, if you don't already know how to contact me — it's nothing personal, but my communication time is mostly asynchronous these days, and I have a hard enough time keeping up with my closer-knit communities.
You can find my GPG public key, if that sort of thing matters to you, here.
I'm working on setting up a mailing list for the site, but it hasn't yet become a need. If correspondence picks up, I might finish it. If you're interested in this idea in some fashion (be it as a common message board-type system, or a newsletter or changelog, for example), please contact me.
If you really prefer other platforms, here's a couple I'm on:
- Discord: bss#7698
- Twitter (disused): bsstephan
About the site
I started this particular permutation of the site in March 2020.
The backbone of this site is incorporeal.org, my original personal domain, which now serves more as infrastructure for this and my many other sites and projects.