I'm going to take some notes or something, I guess?
Hall of Fame
1. 106892 Thith the Half-Troll Warrior, level 30 Killed by Kavlax the Many-Headed on dungeon level 35 (User 1000, Date 2022-10-27, Gold 7026, Turn 715990).
Arsink, the Keeper
- 2023-01-26 — died at level 6, on level 6, after I deep descented my way right into a bunch of combat that eventually wore me down.
Thith, the Half-Troll Warrior
- 2021-03-08 — I don't remember what exactly I'd played a lot in the past, but in 2020–2021 I played a rogue a couple times. It went alright, I'm definitely still learning a lot, but I never got super far. This time I'm playing a half-troll warrior and I am trucking stuff so far. It's been great! I'm level 19, on level 13 of the dungeon, I have good equipment and a lot of food, and I think I just found my first artifact, the Phial of Galadriel, and I now forever have a light source! Woo hoo! I got it from killing Golfimbul, the Hill Orc Chief. And, not long thereafter, I picked up the Set of Leather Gloves 'Cammithrim', which shoot magic missiles! Dope!
- 2021-03-15 — Still going pretty good with that half-troll. 900' down now, haven't really gotten too challenged in a little while, feel like a stupid death is just around the corner.
- 2021-03-16 — Oh wow, a staff of banishment, I will definitely use this poorly.
- 2021-03-20 — I was getting owned by Bolg, Son of Azog (
o) so I banished all the orcs and dropped to 4 hp because I forgot about the hp penalty! That could have been pretty bad… and then I remembered that it doesn't banish uniques! So I had to kite the guy, phase dooring away whenever my hp got too low. Eventually, I killed him.
- 2021-03-20 — Later, I managed to "find", off the body of Ufthak of Cirith Ungol, the Dagger 'Narthanc', which has basically tripled my DPS.
- 2021-10-13 — I was doing pretty good, but my character was killed by upgrading Angband from
4.1.3 to 4.2.2!
I'm too lazy to figure out if I can recover it, and I don't want to downgrade, so it looks like I'm starting up a new character. RIP Thith the Half-Troll.
- 2022-01-02 — Thith lives! I pulled an old Angband ebuild for 4.1.3 and patched the source to
compile on GCC 10+, got my old
~/.angbandfrom backups, and I'm off to the races again!
- 2022-01-05 — Bonus content: my export of Thith's current status.
- 2022-10-27 — welp, Thith ate it. Recalled to the floor I was on after dropping off some armor and items, walked
one room into the dungeon, and got practically one-shotted by Kavlax the Many-Headed. rip in
pieces, and here's the final character dump. Welcome to the Hall of Fame, old
- Well, at least now I can unpin my Angband install.
Lost in Another Timeline
I started these characters in between 2021-10-13 and 2022-01-02, when I lost Thith to an Angband upgrade.
Buildbo, the Hobbit Rogue
- 2021-10-13 — died by a giant white ant on level 1. :(
Buildbo II, the Hobbit Rogue
- Nothing noteworthy, was going for a couple levels without event.